Re: lollipop update
chrisinny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why should U have to do a factory reset on a phone that was working fine before an update? The fact that everyone you know has had to do it just proves how flawed this is.

Add to that I cannot even roll it back.

I will ask again who gets my money? Verizon. Yes it is a Samsung phone but Verizon has a duty to make sure they are providing something that works.

And the typical canned answer from Verizon "support" asks about zip codes, as if I am the only person having this issue. It is all over the internet. This is a flawed product. Period.

So I will leave Verizon for not representing its customers and I will get another phone from another supplier..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Best wishes

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You still don't get that Verizon is the service provider and NOT responsible for your device working properly. AT&T won't even look at your device and if you want service you have to go to a service center that are few and far between. But good luck with all of that.

B_Eric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, Chrisinny DOES get it.

Let's say you were leasing a car from me (I know we don't lease the phones, but the situation is similar). The car was built by Ford and the tires were made by Goodyear. In return for your monthly payments, I provide you with the service of having a functional car to use. One day, Goodyear designs a square tire and wheel for that car. Without your permission, I go to your house in the middle of the night and replace the round tires and wheels on that car with the new square ones that Goodyear designed. Now the car doesn't drive very well.

Now, Who is responsible for the downgraded functionality of that car? Are you going to blame Goodyear? Are you going to blame Ford? NO!!!! You are going to be furious with me because I made the car less functional, because I take your money every month for the use of that car, because I didn't give you a choice of whether or not to install the unusable square wheels. I am responsible for your frustration and I should do something to correct the situation.

It really is that simple - economics 101.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon sells the phone and the network to use it on.  You however, sell a car, but do not supply the roads nor the gas.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I lease my car but Hyundai Motor Finance has nothing to do with the anything except taking my payment. In fact, I am solely responsible for the car and its maintenance. If I purchase a tire and it stops functioning properly I will go to the manufacturer or wherever I purchased it from (Pep-Boys, etc.) as they usually help with warranty service. At the shop. It is not the leasing company's responsibility. It is mine. Your analogy is bad because the leasing company does nothing bot take your money and they don't force stuff on you. Good try trying to convince me that I am incorrect.

Oh and we all accept this in the agreement. It goes back to reading before you sign. Nothing like this will ever be written into your car lease agreement. The reason that VZW reserves this right is because there ARE times when an update is necessary and good and if they didn't have the ability to do this people would be mad. I am sure that this is also in the standard agreement for all carriers so a way to avoid these things making you unhappy is to stop using these devices.

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

MY WIRELESS DEVICE

Your wireless device must comply with Federal Communications Commission regulations, be certified for use on our network, and be compatible with your Service. Please be aware that we may change your wireless device's software, applications or programming remotely, without notice. This could affect your stored data, or how you've programmed or use your wireless device. By activating Service that uses a SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) card, you agree we own the intellectual property and software in the SIM card, that we may change the software or other data in the SIM card remotely and without notice, and we may utilize any capacity in the SIM card for administrative, network, business and/or commercial purposes. If you bought a wireless device for Postpay Service from Verizon Wireless that doesn't use a SIM card, and you want to reprogram it for use with another wireless network, the default programming code is set to "000000" or "123456." But please note that your wireless device may not work with another wireless network, or the other wireless carrier may not accept your wireless device on its network. If you activate a wireless device for Prepaid Service, during the first six (6) months after activation, it can only be used for Prepaid Service. The iPhone 4 is configured to work only with the wireless services of Verizon Wireless and may not work on another carrier's network, even after completion of your contract term.

0 Likes
B_Eric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok. So we have a few people who are experts at tearing down analogies.

I wasn't trying to prove anyone wrong. I was just trying to help you see a different viewpoint and a very basic fact.

Verizon made the device function poorly. Therefore, Verizon should do something to fix it. We are all accountable for our actions. If I break your window, I am responsible for fixing it.

There's another analogy for you. Have fun.

Good-bye.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon did not write the software code that is having the issue. That was done by Google. Why are people so quick to hold VZW accountable but not Google?

0 Likes
B_Eric
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that Google wrote the software. They can write all the software they want as long as someone doesn't use it to wreck my phone. There are millions of bad pieces of software in the world. But they aren't on my device so I don't care. This piece of bad software was put on my device. So I do care about this one.

0 Likes
Alink87

I have a LG G2 that has problems holding battery life since the lollipop update. Sent me replacement phone with same issues, they still can't fix. I am very unsatisfied with Verizon. Each rep I talk to tells me something different and doesn't support the last the last thing I was told.  I am paying them for service I can barely use. If I was closer to my contract being up, I would look else where.

0 Likes