lollipop update is aweful
dan-t
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use my phone for very few things, Pandora being one of them. The update now does not allow Pandora to be on the lock screen when the app is running. Therefore you must now unlock the phone, which is a longer process now, and locate the app to skip a song. Its VERY convenient for someone jogging and completely takes away the option of doing so driving! Also EVERYTHING is slower on this phone now! And the battery is draining much quicker too! TERRIBLE UPDATE VERIZON! AWEFUL!

Labels (1)
Re: lollipop update is aweful
mdcpo003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree. My phone is slower, the battery doesn't last as long, and some apps don't work anymore! ! Very frustrating. Seems as though this sw push deliberately degraded the phone so it would entice us to go out and by the S6. Well, I just might change to Sprint to get it and cut my plan costs in half!!!!!

mcgee10

Did you take the micro sd card out before you got the update to lollipop. I already see 5.1 is on the way from Google. We don't know if all the things wrong are from google or what Verizon did to the software

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
mdcpo003,  I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the software update and that it is causing issues with your device. We do not want to see you go. What exactly on your phone is running slower? Also what applications are no longer working? In regards to your battery drain, how long does the battery last compared to the previous battery life? How long ago did you do the software update?   LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Clipse
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone used to last an entire day without any problem.  Since the update last week, it's below 30% by 5PM and I get random error messages.  Now this "used to be" great phone is turning useless.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Clipse, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem for you. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your device? If so, some applications may be conflicting with the recent software update. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications, power it off/on. Keep us posted.   LasinaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
KeetaSpeed
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, the incompetence here is breathtaking.  After the update apps are crashing, everything has slowed down, the phone feels like it's on fire, and the battery diminishes by the minute when the phone is on.  The most horrendous software update I've ever encountered.  Inexcusable.  An invitation to dump both Verizon and Droid.