lg revolution
kimmy2112

i need help, my battery life on my new lg revolution SUCKS!!, i have not even downloaded any apps yet, any suggestions.....

i have only had this phone a week, is there a way to uninstall these preinstalled apps that I will never use.....arhhhhh!!!

i have tried the force stop under manage apps, but that does not work

otherwise i like this phone...

any suggestions anyone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lg revolution
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Uninstalling the preloaded applications... Sorry that is not going to happen. There have been several threads over the last year and half asking the same thing. You can find many of them scattered throughout the android section of this community.

For starters, I would stop force closing the applications you are not using. It is just causing the android system to reload them into memory. If you don't touch them, in time the phone will learn which applications you use frequently and start loading those instead of the other ones.

As for battery life, if you are getting through the day on one charge you are doing good. There are some things you can check to help with that. Lower your brightness level to the minimum you can stand. Set your email sync to every hour or two instead of every 15 minutes. There are other things to help, but let's start there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Uninstalling the preloaded applications... Sorry that is not going to happen. There have been several threads over the last year and half asking the same thing. You can find many of them scattered throughout the android section of this community.

For starters, I would stop force closing the applications you are not using. It is just causing the android system to reload them into memory. If you don't touch them, in time the phone will learn which applications you use frequently and start loading those instead of the other ones.

As for battery life, if you are getting through the day on one charge you are doing good. There are some things you can check to help with that. Lower your brightness level to the minimum you can stand. Set your email sync to every hour or two instead of every 15 minutes. There are other things to help, but let's start there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HazelEyedGemini
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the same problem but I'm managing getting through the day on one charge.  I have two extra portable chargers and a car charger. 

Does anyone know hoe long this takes to fully charge with the phone off?  I never charged it with it off. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Four to six hours, maybe.

0 Likes
kimmy2112

thank you, will do.....

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

HazelEyedGemini wrote:

I have the same problem but I'm managing getting through the day on one charge.  I have two extra portable chargers and a car charger. 

Does anyone know hoe long this takes to fully charge with the phone off?  I never charged it with it off. 

Thank you for your inquiry. Adding to what was stated, it can depend on different factors on how long a phone would last under one charge. I am providing you with some tips to help extend battery life. 

Some things you can try is to: 

1. Dim the screen. The brighter your screen, the more battery power it uses. Go to Settings > Sounds & Display > Brightness to adjust brightness levels.

2. Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use. When you’re not using Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connections on your device, turn these features off.

3. Turn off mobile capabilities in low-coverage areas. Weak signal areas cause your phone to work harder (and use more battery power) to find a signal. If you know you’re in a low-coverage area, turn off your mobile capabilities to save power.

4. Check email and instant messages manually. Your Droid can be set to “push” notifications as soon as they arrive in the server’s mailbox, or you can check them manually. To increase battery life, turn off push and increase the intervals between when your phone checks for new messages. For maximum battery life, set your phone to check for messages manually.

5. Turn on Airplane Mode when phone is not in use. Turning on Airplane Mode when your phone is not in use will disable Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and email & instant messaging pushes all at once, dramatically saving battery power. Airplane Mode can be turned on and off by holding down the power button of your phone until the power setting options appear.

6. Download a TasKiller application. Download the TasKiller application and select “Auto Kill When Screen is Off”. This will shut down any apps on your phone while your screen is turned off. To set important apps to remain active even when the screen is off (like alarm clocks or live wallpapers), touch and hold the app in the “Running Apps” screen on TasKiller and select “Ignore”. I hope these tips can help you extend your battery life. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Ed, all of those tips sound like good advice EXCEPT for number six. What that tip is proposing will make the battery drain WORSE!

0 Likes
Rachelvg84
I have the same problem I ended up buying the lilg dock charging system it cones with a xtra battery and you can charge it at the same tine as your phone so I charge both at night and just rake the xtra battery with me to work or whereever im going I switch them out at honey and just rotate tgrm as needed...its a good investment
0 Likes
genosfa

I recently purchased the Revolution and am having issues with determining when the phone is charging and when it is not. I called tech support and they explained that after the phone batery dies and you begin charging the light will be red. After 10-15 minutes the light turns to green to let you know the unit is charging. This has not been my experience. After checking 10-15 minutes in, I touched the button on top and then the light turned green. Due to the noted lack of battery life, I would like to know the proper "procedure" to charge. Evidently simply plugging the phone in is not enough. Any ideas or similar experiences? Thanks.

0 Likes
4GLTEREVO

as for your batt. problam dont download any of the apps for that ive tryed and they slowed my phone down  and there hard to understand and manage there is a batt. extention life that you can look up its in amazon.com i have not tryed it yet due to the lack of money lol its like 35 dollers i think but you will have to sacrafice the size of your phone but i comes with the battary and a cover for the phone it says it will extend the battary life of your phone if your that desparate id try it and for the unwanted apps theres nothing you can do about them they are pre installed

0 Likes