lg lucid - downloading games -network communication states that malicious apps may cause excee data usage. how can we download games safely?
rao

lg lucid - downloading games -network communication states that malicious apps may cause excee data usage. how can we download games safely? new to lg lucid smartphone

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg lucid - downloading games -network communication states that malicious apps may cause excee data usage. how can we download games safely?
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

rao, Congratulations on your new LG Lucid. Are you installing games from the Google Play Store? http://search.verizonwireless.com/?q=lucid+install+apps&x1=t1&q1=support

Do you get the message with all applications/games you try to install ?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=55927

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: lg lucid - downloading games -network communication states that malicious apps may cause excee data usage. how can we download games safely?
rao

yes and when I want to download a  game - it states that phone and network connection will play a major role (others may access my information).please explain.

Should we always have  a person connected to the game (paint..connected to one person). Can the user play alone?

Research did not help.

Please update.  Thank You rao

0 Likes
dhaynie266
Enthusiast - Level 2

Rao,

Best thing to do is to use a WiFi connection through your phone and the Google Play Store.  If that is not available, I would hope I'm correct in assuming you have the 4GB Data Plan, if not Verizon screwed you.  If thats the case, there is a Widget called My Verizon Data that can be placed on your Home screen by long pressing on an empty spot on any of your phones available 7 Home screens, scroll down through the Widgets and long press on it to select/place.  This Widget with keep track of your approximate Data usage in a Bar style and Fraction style display.  Hope this will help you to keep track of the Data and maybe conserve some.  The only time anyone will connect to your games is when you play in Multiplayer mode, and the best way to control what has access to your phone, location, etc., is do not download anything you do not know or have not had a friends review on.  There are not many Malicious apps I've personally encountered, and I've downloaded A LOT of apps, not just with Verizon.  You can also turn off your connections (including Voice 1x, with Airplane mode) to keep any info about your location from being leaked while using an app.  Most apps want a connection thanks to ads and the ability to place ads on your game for your particular area, hence the location services, and the constant "want" from an app for a network connection.  Hope this helps!  dhaynie266  P.S. Best of luck trying to talk to someone at Verizon that knows what they are talking about.  Stick with the real Techies.

0 Likes