Re: lg g2 will not send mms messages
Tidbits
Legend

You buy it from any other carrier you may have had the same problem. Each manufacturer devices have problems even overseas. This issue isn't isolated to Verizon G2s.

Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know it's not, but it's been the lack of support that has me regretting the contract.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Death2Verizon, it's disheartening to hear that you're not wirelessly happy. We wish that you didn't feel this way. As a reflection of our commitment to you, we proivde a one year manufacturer warranty which provides you with a replacement device for manufacturer software issues. What issues are you having with your current device? We're here to help.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know about the warranty because I am on my second phone. I am having 2 issues. 1. The headphone jack is shorting out, I know for a fact it's an internal issue and not a software issue as this is the second phone that this has happened to me with. I had to buy a pair of wireless headphones to be able to listen to music with my phone. 2.  MMS messages will work fine for a few days/weeks then it will start saying the picture is too pic to send and won't compress. I've already read several people having this problem. I've sent with data on, wifi off. I tried with wifi on and data off. I've tried with both on. And it's always the same thing, file won't compress or whatever. When I receive pics it's a generic pic of a "broken" pic.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The support isn't theirs to give.  It's not their product.  Their product is services.  Support is so much better in Europe because of the mindset they have compared to us.

They have contracts as much as we do, but they always blame the manufacturer for products flaws and faults.  We  here blame the carrier more than manufacturers.  Which one get's better support and more updates?  Most people will say I am protecting the carriers, but seriously...  If you look at the results who did better in the past 6 years?  Europe did.

Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

But it's their "support" as in I bought the phone from them, not LG, I receive service from them, not LG.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's is wrong on so many levels and was spread aeound like fact. Manufacturers already said that was false multiple times the past 2 years

Just look at Europe and see what is working. They blame manufacturers they sign 2 year contracts and they do buy from the carriers. Yet they get updates more often. Also their version of the FCC doesn't bog down the pace of things either.

0 Likes
maplover
Enthusiast - Level 2

SUCCESS! figured it out myself after 6 months of it never working on my G2. I mean never, from day one would an MMS pix msg send or receive. And none of the techs could solve it no matter what tedious things they tried. All you do is take the damn network OFF of Global and set it back to LTE (i.e. the 4G network). Truly, it worked instantly. And i've never left the US with the phone anyway to need global and it seems to be set there automatically and prompts you often if you lose a signal in a dead area to use the global setting. But that network setting is the problem. Hope this helps the thousands of LG G2 owners who've all chimed in here. And really Verizon level 2 or 3 techs, you should've solved this a looooooong time ago.

MMS from a LG G2 = network NOT on global ever, select LTE.

0 Likes