Re: lg g2 will not send mms messages
Faydra73
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have done the same....didn't help me either. I am seriously considering getting a different phone.

0 Likes
GoBama99

This was happening to me as well.  I tried all of the fixes i read on the forums, but nothing helped.  Through a bit of dumb luck, i downloaded Google's camera app, and decided to set that as my default camera.  Ever since, i have been able to both send and receive MMS messages.  I hope it helps.

0 Likes
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too am having this problem and have read several threads and tried numerous fixes. I've about had it. I am on my second LG G2 (first one the headphone jack quit working), my very first replacement was a refurbished model (pissed because mine was under warranty, should of been a new phone).  At this point in time I'm stuck in a contract with a phone that makes a better paperweight then a smartphone.  AND to top it off every thread I read has the Verizon support personnel talking to us like we're all stupid.  I suggest you get this fixed before you lose the majority of your LG G2 customers.

0 Likes
LiLa2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree - I think that Verizon should get with LG and make them address this problem.  I called a week ago and spoke to Verizon tech support to see if a fix was in the works.  After more research, we determined that the tech support rep needed to call me back, as after on hold for almost another hour, I needed to get into a meeting at work. She never did call me back, of course.  I have been a customer for almost 18 years with Verizon, and this is the fabulous customer service I get!?  Very disappointed!

LiLa2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good for you - I tried this and it didn't help me sadly.

0 Likes
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

And to top it off the headphone jack on my refurb is messing up too now. I just ordered some wireless ear buds in order to be able to use my phone. I'm definitely seeing about the BBB or some kind of consumer protection agency. I've had enough.

deltabond
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wireless ear buds!  That is so helpfull!!!  My HTC Droid Incredible 2, had to be replaced twice, and always with a refurbished model, lost its headphone jack capabilities... interesting that there is a wireless option.  I wonder now if there is a wireless option for my car's aux cable connection!  Thank you for this idea.  Sadly, as well, I'm considering ending my contract with verizon, or just letting it expire, if this issue isn't fixed.  I'm running jellybean OS on my replaced Note3, pushing back the updates, but at some point, apps won't work with what I have on there, and then where will I be?  Having a cell phone is a necessity to me, but a smartphone, not really.  I'm always looking for another option at this point.  Sounds like notifying the BetterBusinessBureau might also be a good option.  Remember, don't use profanity in your complaint or they will reject it entirely.  All in all, though, I hope Verizon finds a way to solve all of this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Death2Verizon We're sorry you're having so many issues with your device. Have you tested the earbuds in a different phone to see if the headphones give you the same problem.

Sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
LiLa2
Enthusiast - Level 2

To Tech Support:I just posted this recommendation. I was told someone would get back to me regarding a solution, but never heard back after a very long hold time. Disappointing.  I finally did call LG's 800 number and they gave me the following help.  I would get this in your system, as there are some very disappointed people out there on this issue.

Duplicate content see - Re: Problems sending/receiving text photos on LG G2

LiLa2 wrote:

To all people participating in this conversation: I finally got off my duff and called the 800 number I recommended you all call in the first part of this thread yesterday.  They acknowledge that there is a known conflict with the MMS and the update of the OS - KitKat on their LG G2.  Some other brands - I don't know which - are also affected.  They recommended a temporary fix until they get the patch up and running (don't freak out, there is hope, but the patch they are saying, won't be available until late September). They recommended I use the Hangout MSM for messaging, and setting it as the default messaging program (it can be downloaded off the Play Store, or you may have it on your phone already), Once you get that set up, you need to restart your phone after you boot it down for at least 5 seconds. It actually worked, and I'm pretty happy now until the next fix in September. So far, I'm not sure that I am missing anything without MMS on factory installed messaging. Call the 800 number above for assistance. I hate to say, since I do feel that Verizon has not paid much attention to my issue or getting back to me after long hold times, but I don't think the problem is on their end, but on LG's end (as much as I love this phone). They were very nice and helpful, so give it a try. It worked for me after trying each and every one of the other recommendations I have seen on this issue in the Verizon community.  Good luck!

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Death2Verizon
Enthusiast - Level 3

LMFAO. It's not the headphones, I'm on my second G2. The first one did the same thing and eventually caused the microphone to quit working. I will never buy another LG product again, and I wish I hadn't just signed a contract with Verizon.

0 Likes