lg g2 can't send texts when wifi is on
collins_v

I have an lg g2 that I got a week ago. Until now, I would be home with WiFi on and data turned off and the default text messaging was working fine. Now, texts take 20-30 minutes to send And I receive others' text messages late. I spoke to many verizon people, all telling me different things. One person told me I must have data turned on to do text messaging. When I have data and wifi on at home, the texting works fine. But if data is off, the texting doesn't work. Abd this just started happening. I don't think I should have to have data turned on all the time to send a text because it's not using data to send a normal text (not mms).

Moreover, if data is not on, and I am not using my phone, the wifi arrows stay lit like they're constantly downloading something even when I turn off all apps that could be using something in the background. And this drains my phone's battery from 100% to 0 in 2 hours even when I am not using the phone.

Is this normal???? This is my first smart phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lg g2 can't send texts when wifi is on
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely abnormal, collins.v. Are you using the preinstalled messaging application or have you downloaded a different application? Can you try testing your phone while in Safe Mode to see if the messages can send while data is disabled: http://vz.to/1lHBIrg

Battery life varies based on how you use your phone. If you are seeing such a rapid decline in battery life we want to investigate this further. Have you completed a master reset?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is definitely abnormal, collins.v. Are you using the preinstalled messaging application or have you downloaded a different application? Can you try testing your phone while in Safe Mode to see if the messages can send while data is disabled: http://vz.to/1lHBIrg

Battery life varies based on how you use your phone. If you are seeing such a rapid decline in battery life we want to investigate this further. Have you completed a master reset?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cataked

I've had a similar issue. I turn data off while at work, on while out and about and off while at home. This has caused multiple problems with text messaging functionality. After being sent 2 replacement devices and having the sim card swapped out with a hard reset, the store rep installed the verizon messaging app. this seemed to resolve the problem - for about 5 days. then picture messaging failed. guess what - I'm now on my THIRD replacement device and picture messaging didn't work from moment I turned the phone on.

I've had reps tell me they can send me a comparable device when I'm explaining the problem, but then the story changes. After spending no less than 10 hours on the phone with tech support or in the store with a rep, and having tried every possible trick in their bags, I've come to the conclusion that the software in the G2 must not have the capability of being turned on and off without interfering with the messaging features. I have to power cycle the phone at least 4 times a day just to send and receive messages. After a 90 minute call today the tech support supervisor determined its a network issue, not a device issue and opened a "ticket". I have to wait 72 hours for an update, but actually 84 since he's off on Sunday. Four more days of aggravation.

Dear Verizon -

I don't hate my phone. I just want it to work. If the G2 won't perform like it's supposed to, trade it for something that will. I've been a customer for 10 +/- years, but now I'm tempted to take my six lines of service elsewhere.

0 Likes
billsprincess
Enthusiast - Level 3

THAT is complete BS it is not the network. verizon did not want to tell ANYONE it had to do with the kit kat 4.4.2 update. it totally will kill your pone. i am on replacement phone #5 in 3 months . it depletes the battery from 100% down to 0 in less than 90 mnins. only way to send messages is thru verizon messanger. also the phone will overheat.

ive spent 10 hours in less then 24 hrs talking to rep after rep and all i get is the same lame excuse

we are sorry you are having a problem we will send out another CPO .

0 Likes
cataked

When was kit kat released? my first G2 worked just fine. it wasn't until mid May I started having problems - the whole battery drain, not charging, getting really hot while not using, etc.

0 Likes