lg ally
cosmohair1

Have an lg ally, it has sd card. it is telling me storage space is low, how do i fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lg ally
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

cosmohair1 wrote:

Have an lg ally, it has sd card. it is telling me storage space is low, how do i fix this?

Thank you for your inquiry cosmohair. As a suggestion, a good way to manage your phone's internal memory is to simply clean it out once a day. Get rid of all unnecessary stored email and text messages (or save them to your SD card id they're important). Also, go into settings and click manage APS. Once all your APS are on screen, click on each one and clear the cache. DO NOT clear the data (or hit uninstall, obviously), because that will most likely erase your settings for each app. I have tons of APS installed, probably more than 50, but by doing what I suggested, this keeps the getting low message from appearing. Try to stay around 18 to 20 MB's of available memory. The warning notification should go off if it goes below 16 MB.

0 Likes
allen268

To Cosmohair1, My niece and I are having the same Issue and the one thing we discovered is that The LG ALLY does not allow you to save Pics directly to your SD Card.... so if you have a lot of Pics on your Phone the only choices you have are to delete the ones you don't want or download them to a home PC using a USB Cable! You can save/move Apps and games and such to you SD Card, but we believe that's it!

We are still looking it to other solutions and I hope this helps you!

0 Likes
emmy5880

How do you switch apps to your SD Card?

0 Likes
Not applicable

emmy5880 wrote:

How do you switch apps to your SD Card?

Good afternoon!

To move apps to the SD card, you want to navigate to 'Settings>Applications>Manage Apps', then select the application. If the developers have designed it for the SD card, you will have the option 'Move to SD card', tap on it to move. After it moves the button will change to 'Move to phone'.  Again, not all applications can be moved to the SD card. 

Thank you!

0 Likes