led not working after kitkat
Veeroo

My LED light is no longer working. It flashes for a fraction of a second then nothing. This happened after the KitKat update. I have tried downloading other apps to correct and did not work either. Rebooted phone.  Please help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: led not working after kitkat
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That LED light is very convenient, especially if you aren't always paying attention to your phone. I want to make sure we get this working, Veeroo. What device do you have? Have you previously downloaded an application to change the color of the LED light? Please share details so we can help.

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Veeroo

I finally was able to figure it out however not sure which trick worked.  I unmounted the sd card removed it and placed it back.  I also read the the Business Calendar App caused issues on the last update so I uninstalled and reinstalled.  it seamed that may done the trick. However when I get a calendar reminder  it used to light up led now it lights up for a second and turns off.  I have also downloaded Light Manager to get all the colors I use to get for different reminders and that seems to work well except for business calendar reminder.  Phone also seems to get hot more often than not. I hate updates Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Veero,

I am happy to hear you have found a work around and downloaded a Light Manager to use for now, but sorry to hear it doesn't stay lit for long. Let's get this resolved. What device do you have? Did you notice the phone started getting hotter after a certain application was downloaded? Or while it is just sitting in idle mode? Please provide additional details so we can help.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
moneypit

I'm having the same issue since kitkat. The led was working for business calendar pro but nothing else, not even the native apps.  After reading this thread I uninstalled and reinstalled business calendar, and now the led isn't working for it, either, even while It was uninstalled.  I downloaded the Light Manager app, but no change. 

My device is the Motorola Razr HD.

I haven't noticed the heat as much as significantly reduced battery life since kitkat.  Read some threads online that blame Skype, but I don't have that installed.  Battery usage still indicates the usual suspects: display, wifi, OS, idle, android system, etc.

0 Likes
moneypit

I meant that the led still wasn't working while business calendar was uninstalled.

0 Likes
tat2140

I have a Droid RAZR Maxx HD and ever since I updated to the KitKat 4.4, my LED lights will not work. I used to have different colors for text messages, emails, missed calls, etc. Now it will flash white for one second and won't pop up again. I don't ever know when I have a text message or if I have a missed call because my phone doesn't notify me without me having to turn my screen on and check it every few minutes. Is there ANY way to fix this?! I've already rebooted my phone.

0 Likes