keyboard and font changes for Eris
cbazoo

I am slowly getting used to navigating around on my new Eris, but age-related vision and dexterity problems are causing user-compatibilty problems......screens, esp texts at night are extremely diff for me to read.  And I am very frustrated over my texting ability - I could text easily and proficiently with my previous Dare.

Anyone have suggestions for font mods or keyboard skins that might make life easier for me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: keyboard and font changes for Eris
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

cbazoo wrote:

I am slowly getting used to navigating around on my new Eris, but age-related vision and dexterity problems are causing user-compatibilty problems......screens, esp texts at night are extremely diff for me to read.  And I am very frustrated over my texting ability - I could text easily and proficiently with my previous Dare.

Anyone have suggestions for font mods or keyboard skins that might make life easier for me?

Download the app called Hand Cent SMS. There is an add on app you can get called handcent SMS font .Try to change the font size with that for text.

0 Likes
Re: keyboard and font changes for Eris
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm kind of surprised at this.  I also went from a Dare to the Eris and I absolutely love the keyboard on the Eris.  In fact, the keyboard is also what made me get rid of the Dare, so I'm more than a little surprised that you liked the Dare keyboard better.  FWIW, I find that a lighter touch actually works better on the Eris than a firmer push.  I also find it works much better when I'm actually holding it in my hand, rather than having it sit on a surface.  Also, not to insult anyone's intelligence, but is it fair to assume you're typing in landscape mode (phone sideways) rather than portrait mode?  I'm going to assume you are since you're coming from a Dare, so I'm at something of a loss since I like the Eris keyboard and display much better than the Dare.  You might try going into --->settings--->sound and display, and make sure "auto backlight" is enabled.  If it's not, maybe that would explain some visibility issues.

Regarding the Hand cent SMS, I downloaded it to my Eris to try out, but at least for me it caused more problems than it solved, so I removed it.  YMMV.

Sorry I can't be more help, but I'm just really surprised that you're having this issue since I have plenty of hands-on time with both phones and feel just the oposite about them.  I hope you're able to sort this out.

D Dave

0 Likes