issue sending pictures in text messages on HTC Eris
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

im not sure if im the only one with this issue...but i took a few pictures on my HTC Eris today and tried to send it in a text message and it said the file was too large...is anyone else having this issue?  im just taking a regular picture...when i click share and select email...the file size shows that it is only 1MB...if anyone has any issues like this or know how to fix it please let me know...thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: issue sending pictures in text messages on HTC Eris
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

There's a bug fix for that issue I beleive coming either in Dec or Jan. Seach in the forums for OTA and there's a link to the "leaked" documents.

I had the same issue. I actually had to go to Messages-->Compose-->(menu --> Attach) -> Picture.

I think I remember hearing something about downgrading your picture resolution to something below 5mp as a workaround. Again, there is a patch coming that hopefully will fix it (assuming smart autosizer).

0 Likes
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the info...i actually did play around with the settings and changed my resolution...but hopefully they have a fix for it because whats the point of havingt he 5.0 mega pixel camera if i cant use the best resolution to send pictures...right? lol

thanks though!

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Sending the pictutes via MMS is going to reduce the resolution anyhow. However, we shouldnt have to "take" them at low resolution to be sure we can send them easily later!!!

0 Likes