is the play store down? Every time I try to update or download it says "package file invalid"
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just tried to update some apps and download a new one and every time I'm getting this message "Package file invalid" What is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: is the play store down? Every time I try to update or download it says "package file invalid"
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE: I went thru settings -

Go to Settings -> Application Manager -> ALL  -> Google Play Store ->

Click: Force Stop

Click: Clear Data

Was able to update a couple apps, but then went right back to "package file is invalid"

and still having a problem trying to download Verizon Cloud - now getting error "Unknown error code during application instal - 24 "

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: is the play store down? Every time I try to update or download it says "package file invalid"
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE: I went thru settings -

Go to Settings -> Application Manager -> ALL  -> Google Play Store ->

Click: Force Stop

Click: Clear Data

Was able to update a couple apps, but then went right back to "package file is invalid"

and still having a problem trying to download Verizon Cloud - now getting error "Unknown error code during application instal - 24 "

0 Likes
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

great... was trying to update the google chrome again and the phone froze, then went into a reboot cycle. Shutting itself off, then going to the red Verizon screen for about 15 seconds and looping, not going past the Red verizon screen. wont turn back on.... HELP!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sounds like, between this thread and your other post you might consider a factory reset to default everything and wipe everything to start fresh.

0 Likes
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried the manual factory reset twice with no luck. Still won't go past that

dang Verizon logo. Even took out SD card and sim.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

How did you factory reset the phone without getting to the homescreen?  Did you do the reset from power off?  What phone do you have?

0 Likes
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, did the factory reset from powered off state. I had an LG Enact but I just got a new upgrade today, got the Droid Turbo .

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with the phone! Since you had mentioned two phones here, and I don't want to assume, which phone are you having trouble with? Is it the Turbo or the Enact?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
mamahix
Enthusiast - Level 3

It was the enact. It crashed and was in a reboot cycle so I went to the store and upgraded to the turbo

0 Likes