if i get an unlocked phone from a different website. what do i need to know about the phone in order for it to work on the verizon network?
ajdeboer

if i buy an unlocked phone from a different website, what do i need to know about that phone in order for it to work with the verizon network

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: if i get an unlocked phone from a different website. what do i need to know about the phone in order for it to work on the verizon network?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have a compatible device, ajdeboer. mama23dogs has offered some great information for compatible devices. You can also ask the seller to provide you with the IMEI of the device and check it here: http://vz.to/1gSxc19

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: if i get an unlocked phone from a different website. what do i need to know about the phone in order for it to work on the verizon network?
mama23dogs
Legend

Unless the phone is compatible it will not be activated on Verizon.

currently I think the only white listed phone is the unlocked iPhone 6/6+

non whitelisted phones include the one plus one, Google nexus 6

non whitelisted phones will not receive the out of contract/BYOD discount.  They also will not activate normally.  The SIM card must be activated in another device then inserted.

International GSM phones will not work on Verizon's CDMA network.

it would be best if you ask if the phone will work on Verizon before you buy it.   List model number, and the phones previous carrier.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you have a compatible device, ajdeboer. mama23dogs has offered some great information for compatible devices. You can also ask the seller to provide you with the IMEI of the device and check it here: http://vz.to/1gSxc19

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes