how do you transfer pictures from your phone to a desktop computer?
katz300z

how do you transfer pictures from your phone to a desktop computer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do you transfer pictures from your phone to a desktop computer?
rcschnoor
Legend

There are multiple ways.

For instance, you can use your USB cable, you can use apps such as dropbox, you can email them, you can have your phone automatically upload them to an online service when they are taken.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know transferring those important pictures can be fun katz300z! My best recommendation would be to use your memory card with a compatible card reader for your computer. We also have an excellent service called Pix Place, which is free! I have attached a helpful link below for your reference! http://bit.ly/x0kU1X ^JHK

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I presume you have an Android phone. I'd recommend using either the USB cable method of copying them to your PC as previously mentioned, or may I suggest using FTP over WiFi, if you have a WiFi router. Your manual probably describes in general terms how to use a USB cable for copying the files, so I won't go into that.

As a substitute, I mentioned FTP (File Transfer Protocol). If you download SwiFTP from the Market onto your phone, and FileZilla onto your PC, you can then drag and drop files to/from the phone over a WiFi connection. No need to use the USB cable at all besides charging the device. Smiley Happy

Now with all due respect to the VWCS rep, while it's a valid option, I wouldn't recommend removing a microSD card from the phone and putting it in a compatible reader connected to your computer. That should always be an option of last resort. Doing so places mechanical cycles on the slot in the phone that the microSD card fits into. It also subjects the card to possible static discharge when you are handling it.

0 Likes