Re: how do i move apps to sd card on ellipsis 7
Rbpart4
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Team -

I am a student who has the Verizon Ellipsis 7 also. I enjoy using the tablet. However, I am disappointed at the limitation to just a couple of gigs worth of space for apps as the device does not allow for installing apps on a SD card. I found out the hard way when I bought and installed a 32 gig external SD card for downloading books for school and music to listen to while reading on my breaks at work. Buying the SD card was a waste of money as it is virtually useless accept for storing pictures and music through USB. I don't take pictures with the tablet and my music is typically downloaded from an online music service that is unable to use external storage because of the Verizon programming limitation.

You mention in this string you are in the process to update the software that allows more control over the storage (Dec 30). Has this occurred? if not, when? To sell these tablets with this limitation and saying in stores just add a SD card is very misleading.

Your prompt reply will be appreciated.

Re: how do i move apps to sd card on ellipsis 8 (not HD)
Fbclarke2

Saw in the feed  that there was a software update for the 7. 

Is there a software update to allow moving apps to the SD card on the 8 non HD?

0 Likes
Re: how do i move apps to sd card on ellipsis 8 (not HD)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to be sure that your question is answered, Fbclarke2. Now I’m seeing from our website with every update that the Verizon Ellipsis 8 non HD last had an update 08/24/2018.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/
Is this the one that was updated to your Verizon Ellipsis 8 ? The only notes for this update include the following:

- The device battery can be restored with a standard charger after being powered off for a significant time
- Latest Android™ security patches and bug fixes

I don’t see that moving apps to an SD card in the list of updates.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes