how do i find out which apps are draining the battery on my phone?
pjiman1

how do i find out which apps are draining the battery on my phone? i would like to remove them or find a way to alter them so that they do not drain my phone's battery life. thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i find out which apps are draining the battery on my phone?
Snn5
Legend

Go to Settings and then Apps.  Scroll to Running, and you can see what's working currently.  You can also go to Settings and then tap Battery and see what apps are using the most battery.  Disable any apps that you can that you don't use.  Android's memory management does a good job of freezing or closing apps that aren't being used.

Re: how do i find out which apps are draining the battery on my phone?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Has the battery drain been constant since you started using the phone or was it from an update?  First follow Snn5's recommendation. Then after you disable what you can, remove what you do not use and can remove, if the issue is still there, Uninstall Updates for the Google App itself as well as Google Play Services.  They will both try to reinstall and let them see if the issue clears up. If not uninstall updates again for only the Google App, then go into Play Store> MyApps>Google and open the icon. Click the Menu button and uncheck the auto install for Google.  Then you need to check back periodically to see if it is updated again then install the app again as long as it is newer then the one causing you issues.

0 Likes