how do i change "preset contact"
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I get notification of a new voicemail I always simply pressed the notification to autodial voicemail.  In my previous phones I had programmed the phone number (*86) with a pause then the voicemail password.  I got a new Moto Z and magically it now only dials the *86 which is the "Verizon Wireless Preset".  How do I either:

• link my modified number to the notification
  • change the preset number
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how do i change "preset contact"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on purchasing a new phone, JOHCHA32. I know how important it is to be able to access your voicemail quickly. The Moto Z Droid does not include the capability to add a pause to access your voicemail. Here's the information on how to access your voicemail on your device. http://spr.ly/6580DRs0G Also, here's additional information on the voicemail feature. http://spr.ly/6581DRs0H I hope this is beneficial.

GersonG_VZW    

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thank in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Unfortunately, your suggestions were not beneficial.  I know how to access voicemail.  I'm trying to set up a way to access my voicemail messages without having to enter my password each time.

The online information you referred me to says:

"Yes, you can reformat the voicemail number on your phone to automatically include two pauses and your password."

but I cannot reformat the "Verizon Wireless Preset" voicemail number (which doesn't include my password) which is the one autodialed when tapping the phone icon.  That's why I wrote.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to offer you the right solutions for your needs and I apologize for any inconvenience. You may be able to update the Voice Mail number via the Phone App by pressing Menu>Settings>Voicemail>Advanced Settings>Setup>Voicemail number.

0 Likes
JOHCHA32
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry folks, I thought I edited my question to indicate I have a Moto 5g, not Z.  (and on my phone there is no voicemail settings option in the phone app.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be in the phone settings area instead.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOHCHA32, I can understand wanting to quickly access your voicemail without having to type in your voicemail password. However, the Motorola G5 is not a device that we support. I would recommend contacting Motorola directly. I have provided a link to help guide you in the right direction. http://spr.ly/6585Drq7f Does this help?

ChakiaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes