how can i get my speed dial to work
philputt

I'm new to the smart phone world. Ive been triying to figure things out. How do I make my speed dial work? All I get is "thank you for calling verizon, your call cannot be completed." But if I dial the number useing the key board it works.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how can i get my speed dial to work
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

philputt,

Piece of cake! Which model device do you own? We're happy to express how to get the speed dial working.

EvanO_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
philputt

I have a Galaxy s4. I have gone through the speed dial set up procedure. So then I go and "use" the feature, I get a Verizon message saying "this call cannot be completed, please check the number and call again." With a few beeps. But when I dial the number regularly the call goes through. This same problem is also on my wife's phone, and she has the same as I do. They are both brand new this month. Any ideas would be great.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for following up, Philputt. Are you using the speed dial steps provided here,
http://vz.to/1tmcTTC ? I just want to ensure that I'm troubleshooting off the steps provided here. Thanks!

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
philputt

No that doesn't work, I have done that. When a speed dial is set up on our phones, the number is directed to a verizon message saying, "welcome to verizon wireless your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number and dial again, announcment 4switch272-1."

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried using a Direct Dial widget instead?  Go to your Widgets drawer and long-press the Direct Dial widget, it will take you to your home screen where you can place the widget wherever you want (don't let go of the widget until you've placed it).  Once it's placed, it will take you to your Contacts, where you can choose which contact to assign to that widget.  Once it's done, then all you have to do to call that contact is press the widget.  You can put as many direct dial widgets on your home screens as you want.

0 Likes