how 2's
themzpat

I'm looking for simple directions on how to use the Cloud and Text Messaging...everything-everywhere tells us all the things they can do but now how to do them. Such as; I have ended up with 3 and 4 duplicates of pictures off my phone every time I charge it cloud uploads stuff. I'm new to all this so I hope it makes sense....where are the owners manuals please? Thanx for any help offered.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: how 2's
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which cloud? Verizon Wireless has a cloud option and should have some guidance on how to use it. The owner manuals for your phone/devices can also be found on the manufacturer's website or under the Support area of the Verizon Wireless website.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello themzpat,

I am glad that you reached out to us today. What kind of device do you have that we woudl be working with today? Are you using the Verizon Cloud services? Please keep us posted. I am eager to get things working for you ASAP.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
themzpat

I have a HTC One M8 that is being activated later. My question is is there a way to stop verizon cloud from duplicating everything it uploads. I end up with multiple copies of all the pics that upload. Thank you, 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

themzpat, are the duplicate photos appearing on your M8 already? Is this happening with your prior phone? We definitely want to make sure that your cloud service is working correctly, and not making unnecessary copies of all your photos. Have you used Gmail or Backup Assistant for other data backup needs, and is it also duplicating that content?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
themzpat

Actually as it turns out the M8 is not using cloud at all. Phone keeps telling me to DL HTC Sync Manager, though I can't figure out if I still use the Cloud.  I've tried to contact verizon for help and all I come across are videos and writings which make very little sense to me. Any help would be appreciated. Patricia

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You are much better off using either Dropbox of Google Cloud or one of the reputable cloud storage areas. Personally I do NOT use the cloud at all and store my photos on my SD card and back my card up every so often.

Using an unreliable cloud is not a good or fun thing especially if you try to do anything with your photos outside of the cloud or phone.

0 Likes