help with Verizon cloud
kjgrwv1

OK I want to make sure that I am understanding correctly how this works.....    We have 4 people on our wireless acct. Each of those 4 people are supposed to have there OWN login for Verizon wireless and login to the cloud to back up the contacts etc on their phones?

Next Question

If contacts are deleted from the cloud from a desktop computer will these deletions change on the phone also?

Next Question

My husband mistakenly used My EMAIL to login on his cell phone for his cloud ( and needless to say it's screwing up both of our contacts and more )  anyhow is there a way to just change the email for his cloud on his cell phone ONLY so that it matches his login online? 

I am using my login for my cloud stuff and I have quite a lot of photos address'  and info in MY contact list so I don't want to have that deleted I spent 4 hours last night fixing things and only got to the P's  before I stopped, I have all my settings right now set NOT TO SYNC so I don't loose any thing I just did.

one more final question

Can you choose what you want to restore to your phone from the cloud, Like messages only or contacts only ??

Thanks for your help Kat  we both have Galaxy S5's

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: help with Verizon cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kjgrvw1,
We are here to help set the records straight as well as to help you get this resolved.
You are absolutely correct when you say each number has their own login to our site, and also correct when you mention what is changed on the desktop will also sync with your devices. It’s designed this way to make changes easy on you.
As for the email being shared on your S5’s. That can make things less than perfect.  The best way to go about correcting this is to have your husband disable then re enable the Cloud app from his device: http://vz.to/1SlOhaz. When he signs back in have him sign with his email address. Then you will both need to do a little clean up to remove eachother’s content from your devices and Cloud back up.
Finally, yes you can customize what content is synced. It’s in your setting section. Here is a link to assist you with that process as well: http://vz.to/1NVgukr.

KatiM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

kjgrwv1

OK Thank you for you help .... I got my answer on everything but the last one, let me rephrase ....

I have almost everything on my phone set to back up.....

can I choose just to restore the messages ONLY or next time ONLY the Contacts?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kjrwv1, I'm glad to hear all your concerns were addressed and you were able to get this issue resolved. Let's get this last question answered for you. When you restore from a backup, everything that's backed up will be restored, in this case if you uncheck the messages to be backed up then the restore will not restore those messages. Same thing will apply to the contacts if they are not chosen to be backed up. Again, I'm glad to hear everything has been resolved and please let us know if you have any additional questions.

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes