headphone jack not working properly
oob123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having an issue with the headphone jack on my Droid 4.  When I use the headphone jack (either with ear buds or the aux in my car), removal of the headset DOES NOT stop the player. 

This causes a variety of issues, but most significantly the ability to talk on the phone.  I cannot hear anything out of the earpiece but instead have to use the speaker phone to make/receive calls. I've also noticed that the various volumes on the phone become silent or significantly quieter.

Since I've tried rebooting, booting into safe mode, and finally a factory reset with no luck, I'm beginning to think this is a mechanical malfunction of the headphone jack and not a software issue. 

Has anyone had this issue before or have any ideas how to fix it?  This is the second refurbished phone I've received with this problem.  My initial Droid 4 didn't have this issue (it's charging port finally failed).

Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: headphone jack not working properly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this oob123! Did your current phone (previous one as well) perform this way when you first received it? Does the device respond differently if you close the music application prior to removing the headphones? Does this happen with all music applications or a specific application? Please share more details so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes