google voice
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Don't know if you've tried Google Voice yet but its sweet. Gmail account integrated. Google it...
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: google voice
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I just read this morning it is out of Beta and open to the public without invitation.  Oh Frapturous Day Caloo Calay.  I wonder if that means I can register secondary and tertiary numbers.  It would be nice to have numbers in other areas for people concerned with Long Distance (does anyone really worry about that anymore). 

0 Likes
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

What is this "long distance" of which you speak?? :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
lillut

Signed up yesterday, I think I will like the voice mail function, where you can listen and jump in if needed while people leave messages. 

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I was just talking with my wife last night about how Google Voice is cool and all but I really don't need the functions.  The only thing I really use is the voicemail management.  I don't have to log in and use minutes to check voicemail I can see who called and just erase messages I don't need.  The more cell phones are becoming the norm and fewer and fewer people even have a landline the less I really need Google Voice as it is now.  Now should it ever offer VOIP well then it might just become much more important. 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

It'll be nice to see if Google sets up a widget so all you have to do is tap what device you want GV to ring to.

That would be so cool.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

dabubbakin wrote:

It'll be nice to see if Google sets up a widget so all you have to do is tap what device you want GV to ring to.

That would be so cool.

Don't know if I so much care about that as it would be awesome to have a widget to manage my GV inbox. 

0 Likes
dave22

Been using GV for long time. Got my own GV # cost 10 bux. I give my GV # to people/companies I do biz with. If they spam me I put them on Disc line msg through GV, EOS :smileyhappy:  works great for me.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Why did it cost you $10 it was free?  Costs $10 to change your number.  Did they change it when they went public?

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

Either changed the number or bought it from someone

0 Likes