getting the favorite bar back to the home screen droid 4
leighmarie

I accidently took off my favorite  bar on the home screen is there anyway of gertting it back.?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: getting the favorite bar back to the home screen droid 4
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Just out of curiosity, how did you remove it?  Can you just long press and drag your apps back to the bar?  I've accidentally dragged icons off it, and put them back.  I didn't know you could remove the bar completely.  I've only had my Droid a few months and I'm still learning about it....

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, leighmarie,

it sounds like you accidentally sent your favorites to the trash can. To make it reappear, go to the home screen where you want it to be and touch the screen and hold until the widgets option appears. Select the widgets option and scroll down to quick contacts and select it. Your favorite contacts should be there. I hope that helps.

Doc

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the DROID 4, the OP will have to go to the app drawer and widgets.

The long press on the screen no longer accesses the widgets in Android 4.0+ OS just the wallpaper. Unless Motorola customized it back in. can you please confirm that is the case?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ann154 wrote:

For the DROID 4, the OP will have to go to the app drawer and widgets.

The long press on the screen no longer accesses the widgets in Android 4.0+ OS just the wallpaper. Unless Motorola customized it back in. SuzyQ can you please confirm that is the case?

A long press on the home screen just allows me to rearrange the wallpaper and apps already there.  @Ann154 correctly stated I need to go to the Apps/ Widgets to add a widget to the homescreen. 

Now, I'm getting confused on terminology - my "Favorites" I took to be the apps/widgets I can have ALWAYS in place on the home screen, n matter which of the 5 or so pages I have showing - I have Phone, COntacts, Apps, Settings, and Text messaging across the bottom always.  But there is also a Favorite Contacts widget - is that the one the OP is referring to?  If so, just go to the Apps >> Widgets and find it to drag it back - long press on it and add it back to the home screen.

Apologies if I am confusing everyone - I am still learning.  Hi @StreetDocRN!!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The app shortcuts along the bottom are what is considered "docked". I think the name of that area is called the app dock at least that's what I call it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Thanks Ann for letting me know about the difference with the OS versions. I just assumed they were similar in functions.

Hi, Suzy, sorry if I added a bit of confusion. I guess at this point we need to hear back from the OP to see if any of this helped.

Hope you all are doing well,

Doc

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are similar, Doc, but Google changed quite a few things between Gingerbread (Android 2.3) and ICS (Android 4.0) for the phone OS. I don't have a lot of experience with the tablet only OS (Honeycomb) that was between the two versions to know if the change was made there or ICS.

0 Likes