getting phone scams in chinese just hang up
golyar44
Enthusiast - Level 3

hi guys,

I just got hit by a computer voice automated system on this network. Asking to lower credit card interest rates

In another Language so quickly hung up my Verizon phone and would put a caller alert about this scam. Thought of

informing all of you nice folks here. Goltar

Labels (1)
Re: getting phone scams in chinese just hang up
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Just don't answer calls from strangers

0 Likes
golyar44
Enthusiast - Level 3

I never answer call from stranger I just hang up my phone.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

to hand up you have to answer

0 Likes
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee

golyar44,

Thank you for remaining vigilant with your cellular service. We appreciate you bringing this to the attention of the forum. We know it's very important to take scam calls very seriously. We're here to help. Your best bet will always be to simply not answer calls from unknown numbers, unless you are expecting a call at that time. People calling with legitimate purpose will always leave a voicemail that you can screen. If the unwanted calls become more frequent, you may wish to consider adding your phone number to the national Do Not Call, which you can do here: donotcall.gov Your phone will also likely be able to block the calls easily at not cost to you. We do also offer a wide variety of network controlled call blocking options, ranging from free solutions to paid solutions. You can learn more about those here: https://vz.to/2Ktnhpx

In the event you ever receive scam messages or e-mails, you can also refer to this information to help you know your options. Fraud FAQs | Verizon Wireless

We hope this information helps. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns we can assist with. Thank you for being the best part of the Verizon Wireless Family, and have a great night.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
Grandegeek

Why is Verizon allowing this to happen? From my understanding att blocks all spam calls. It’s probably time to leave Verizon because they really don’t care about their customers. I’m sick and tired of paying $80+ a month and having to deal with this nonsense. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you're dealing with spam calls Grandegeek. I can understand the frustration of those annoying calls and we don't want to lose you over this issue. Have you looked into our awesome Call Filter app?

With Call Filter, you can screen incoming calls, auto-block spam and report any unwanted numbers. Or, upgrade to Call Filter Plus with Caller ID for added security. Put a name to the unknown numbers, make your own personal block list, and even assess the risk level of incoming calls.

Call Filter has two pricing tiers: get spam detection, blocking and reporting for free with Call Filter, or subscribe to Call Filter Plus for all that and more for $2.99/mo per line or $7.99/mo for accounts with 3 or more eligible lines. You may also be eligible for a 10-day trial of Call Filter Plus. We will need to check your account for the free trial eligibility. Data charges apply for this app unless on wifi. Here is a link below for additional details.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/#what

Let us know if you have additional questions. We are always here to help.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes