galaxy stellar memory card
kemp128

How do you get your apps and pics to save to your memory card rather than your internal phone storage?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: galaxy stellar memory card
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What version of the Android operating system is your phone running?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Kemp128,

You have some great questions! You can set your phone up to store pics to your memory card. The way you do this, if by opening the camera app on your phone and choosing setting which is the little gear. You will then select to have them save on the memory card.  For your apps, go to settings, then choose Application Manager and then choose the app you downloaded and choose to move to SD card.  I hope this helps.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport.

0 Likes
Skyrunner1

This did not work for me.  Pictures already say they are stored to mem card, but do not appear to be so.  Also,  trying to move apps to sd card, there is no option available to do this under settings/app manager/app. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Skyrunner1,

This sounds very strange, but we'll figure it out together! When you're looking at your available memory, how much is left on your SD card? Is it Mounted?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bviss

I have the same problems. 8 GB SD card that is almost empty and it is mounted. I can get pictures to store on it. There is no menu option to move apps to SD card in Application Manager, App area of settings. (Android version 4.0.4, Hardware version 1200.03). It says Force stop, Uninstall, Clear data, or Clear cache.

0 Likes
sheena813

Not to sound dumb. But how do I know if my pictures are actually on my mem card? It says my phone saves to the mem card. But I want to be sure!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

sheena813 wrote:

Not to sound dumb. But how do I know if my pictures are actually on my mem card? It says my phone saves to the mem card. But I want to be sure!

Connect the phone to the computer and check.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There's an app in the playstore called Apps 2 SD - if the app can be moved to the SD card it will find it and move it for you - Apps 2 SD (Move app 2 sd) - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
bviss

Nope. I've tried at least 5 or 6 different apps including apps 2 SD and they all only give the option to backup or delete. They tell me some of my apps can be moved to the SD card, but there is no option to do so.

0 Likes