galaxy s5 does not display voicemail icon in status bar
re_hinderliter

Got a new Samsung s5 yesterday and i see text messages, emails, and missed call all in the status bar, but no voicemail notification icon.  What am I missing???  I need to manually call VM to check to see if I have messages.  Any suggestions?  TIA.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: galaxy s5 does not display voicemail icon in status bar
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You should have a voice mail app, where you can activate visual voice mail. It will give you a 30 day free trial of premium visual voice mail and then switch back to basic.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Not everyone wants to use the Voicemail app and prefer the basic non-visual voicemail.

To the OP, have you checked the settings of the voicemail system to see if the notification was turned off. I don't recall the steps to get to it, but I believe I have seen someone else asking a similar question in the Verizon Wireless Community forum a few days ago that was given the answer by another community member.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
re_hinderliter

Thank you both.  I do just want the basic voicemail and the little icon.  I will search further.

0 Likes