found a htc droid eris.... i think
niner707

so i found this phone the other day and i believe its a droid eris... its locked and i was wondering if anyone know if i could take it to the store and get it unlocked and the account canceled and put into my name... any info would be greatly appreciated...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: found a htc droid eris.... i think
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
What do you mean, you found it? Someone could be looking for it too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

If you found it...you should return it. It doesn't belong to you, it belongs to someone else. T

{please keep your posts courteous}

Bring it to a Verizon store and tell an employee you found it. They'll lookup the account and make sure it gets to its owner.

0 Likes
niner707

its sleezy that i found a phone on the ground? how is it wrong for me to put it in my name if i found it... obviously the person isnt looking for it they havent even tried to call it

0 Likes
Joe_Evaristo
Contributor - Level 1

Finding a phone isn't sleezy--{please keep your posts courteous}

The owner might not have noticed it's missing yet. Or they know they dropped it somewhere but don't know where and reported it missing to Verizon. Either way, aside from being immoral to try to activate it as your own, it would also be illegal.

It's not your phone, you have no right to it. It's ridiculous that you'd even think to ask if it's ok to have it activated under your name--almost as ridiculous as suggesting you have a right to it because they "didn't even try to call it"--it's obviously wrong. {please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
Re: found a htc droid eris.... I think
Leslie1
Contributor - Level 1

If you take to a store only option is for the representative at store to have it returned to original owner will not be able to activate to a different or new account.

0 Likes
Re: found a htc droid eris.... I think
Butthead
Contributor - Level 2

If the phone has been reported as Lost/Stolen, it will be added to a blacklist that will prevent it from being used. 

No Eris for you.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Try this. Next time you find a car, tow it to the DMV, ask them to unlock it for you, and transfer the title to your name. Phones all have an EID, similar to the VIN on a car, so it should be the same, right?
0 Likes
yenracd2

As someone who LOST a droid Eris, you really should turn it in to a Verizon store.  For us, it was a horrible experience losing a phone and all the info we had on it, and it was extremely costly to replace it.  Be kind and return it.  I know if someone returned ours, we would have been very appreciative that they did.

0 Likes