facebook and droid eris 2.1
rob2102000

I still cant get my contacts to link with facebook.  I have tried everything!  Any suggestions on what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: facebook and droid eris 2.1
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

In order for the sync to work properly, you have to make sure that the contacts name match there profile name or you can go into your contacts and establish the link yourself manually.

here is some other information from another post about facebook contact syncing.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/Android-Devices/Facebook-contacts-pics/m-p/200856#M19259

0 Likes
rob2102000

I did that, everything suggested.  It will not let me type in for example John Smith.  I go to his name,  link facebook profile, it will not let me search for his name, what do i do. 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

So is this a searching problem? Maybe I'm missing something... try to be a little more specific as to what you are doing and in what menu...

Just to confirm: You have all facebook syncs running? You friend is a facebook user? You are linking you friend in the edit selection of your contact? 

What happens when and what are you looking at?

0 Likes
rob2102000

yes i think its a searching problem.  

Yes I am friends with the user, facebook for htc sense is running. 

This all happened when i did the ota for my verizon htc droid eris.

For example John Smith, link facebook profile choose from friends, nothing comes up in select contact, i can't search for anyone.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Go to SETTINGS, ACCOUNTS & SYNC.

All the checks checked?

Everything has green icons for syncing?

Tap ADD ACCOUNT in ACCOUNTS & SYNC.

Tap Facebook for HTC Sense and make sure it's your account, then save.

0 Likes
rob2102000

still not working.....

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
So you go into contacts, the persons contact info, link, Facebook, and its empty? I'm out of ideas... I did read someplace that Eris is having sync issues today. Maybe you want to rest it today and try tomorrow? Sorry I can't help.
0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

Here are the directions for manually syncing your contacts to facebook.

1. Go to Contacts

2. Pull up Menu and select Display Options.

3. Select your facebook account and a drop down will show.

4. Check show all contacts and select done.

Once you do this, it will show all your contacts and all your facebook contacts in your phonebook.

5. Find and select the contact you want to link with their facebook profile.

6. Pull up Menu and select Edit Contact.

7. In edit contact, pull up Menu and select Join

8. Find the matching contact information.

9. Select done, when finished.

Once you have finished manually linking contacts, follow steps 1-4 but this time uncheck show all contacts. This will put the phonebook back to only showing your contacts.

0 Likes
MrHost
Enthusiast - Level 3
sense(I love puns) you are on the OTA I would remove the current account for twitter/facebook/flickr and then restart phone and then readd them. It is more than likely a sync issue in that area. If you don't mind doing a backup of your apps and doing a reset I would suggest that instead. It is time consuming but as you browse the forums you will see quite a few people say it has resolved all the issues they had beofre and running much smoother as well. Good luck
0 Likes