<< Message was moved by: Verizon Moderator for better exposure >>

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: eye flashing on screen
Snn5
Legend

LG and Samsung have gesture apps that enable the screen to stay on as long as you are looking at the screen and have eye movement.  The front camera watches your eyes and will keep the screen on.  You can disable this feature on LG phones inside menu-settings-display- (disable/uncheck) Smart Screen and Smart Video.  Samsung is similar in that you will find those similar features with a similar name under settings and screen/display/gestures.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have a Samsung phone? Which model?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG and Samsung have gesture apps that enable the screen to stay on as long as you are looking at the screen and have eye movement.  The front camera watches your eyes and will keep the screen on.  You can disable this feature on LG phones inside menu-settings-display- (disable/uncheck) Smart Screen and Smart Video.  Samsung is similar in that you will find those similar features with a similar name under settings and screen/display/gestures.

0 Likes
mzqstorm

Yes note 3

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Snn5 mentioned there is a function to keep the screen on as long as you are looking at it. I believe it was called Smart Stay and can be turned on or off in the phone settings. The eye symbol is telling you when it is working.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Smart Stay will also flash at ramdom times do in part to available lighting and eye contact.  It very nomal and a working part of your phone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I should note that on LG and Samsung phones that use this Smart Stay type feature that sometimes under bright direct light that the screen may dim but remain on until the source of light is dimmed or moved.  I have also seen this feature react to other moving objects, like say phone is placed screen up on a desk under a fan where the pull chains swing that the same thing happens.