ext4 format support for microSD cards on Galaxy S5?
pdg7724

Can we get ext4 format support for microSD cards on Galaxy S5? New permissions that come on KitKat break some of my apps that need local storage. The enhanced permissions available with EXT4 should fix this as that is the internal Flash format. "Use the cloud" is a non-starter so don't even suggest it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ext4 format support for microSD cards on Galaxy S5?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Talk to Google and the OEMs. Verizon Wireless has nothing to do with the SD card formating.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: ext4 format support for microSD cards on Galaxy S5?
pdg7724

Not directly, but as a large customer they have a big say in what gets loaded in the ROM as evidenced by the many (unwanted) preloaded apps. Adding EXT4 file system support to restore Verizon's end customer user experience is something they can insist on. It is a simple requirement to add when the end manufacturer builds a custom ROM for Verizon. The underlying system already supports it and alternative ROMs (CM) have been created with that feature. I'm just not ready to install alternative ROM code on a phone that was just released, and only a week in my possession.

0 Likes