emoticons
wendy0108

Emoticon do not appear correctly since the new firmware upgrade on 2/6/2014.  They are not seen on the receiving end.  They come out as boxes.

How do I fix that?  When someone sends me an emoticon, it;s not the yellow smiley face, it comes out as colon & 1/2 paragraph. Why?

Help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: emoticons
stapel_eliz

I just upgraded to an HTC One, which swiftly updated the operating system to KitKat. It appears that "insert smiley" has been removed as a messaging option under KitKat, and previous messages (restored from my previous handset) now display smileys as the keyboard characters, rather than the emoticons. I haven't yet been able to find any fix, work-around, or even justification for this change.

*sigh*

Eliz.

0 Likes
Re: emoticons
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

stapel_eliz wrote:

I just upgraded to an HTC One, which swiftly updated the operating system to KitKat. It appears that "insert smiley" has been removed as a messaging option under KitKat, and previous messages (restored from my previous handset) now display smileys as the keyboard characters, rather than the emoticons. I haven't yet been able to find any fix, work-around, or even justification for this change.

*sigh*

Eliz.

The smileys have been moved to the keyboard for you to select and add to a message.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes