email notifications on Galaxy S4 after lollipop
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also experiencing problems with lollipop. The worst is the lack of email notifications of any kind. I have already done a wipe cache partition, battery pull, and deleted my email account and set it up again. I am using the native/stock email app that came with my Galaxy S4. Also, the lock screen used to show email, text etc. updates in the status bar area but now just says Verizon Wireless. I do have my email notification settings turned on and even tried setting them to priority but that didn't make any difference. No sound, no flashing light, no status bar notification and no lock screen notification.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: email notifications on Galaxy S4 after lollipop
bagogirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same trouble. I chatted with a Verizon tech for quite some time and was not able to get it to work again. I even tried removing the account and adding it back...very frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I appreciate all your information piccolotsk! I know how important it is to get notifications. I do know with new software updates the device may have different features. Try to put on http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-103386/ safe mode and retry.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried safe mode and that does not bring back the notifications either

0 Likes
lcs151
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue and want to scream!! Please help or fix this bug, Samsung/Verizon! There are loads of people experiencing this!!

RhinoVon

Having same problem.  Also my ringer volume always sets itself to a low volume setting and I don't hear calls.  I turn ringer volume up to highest level & then when I check my phone again its set lower - WTH?

Also with my email - I don't get any alert - I have to check my phone to see if there are emails.  No bueno!

Has Verizon fixed this yet?

How come every time there is a software change to the OS it has issues?  Really poor - Fire the IT crew if they can't do the proper job, oui?

My last phone the Thunderbolt > they changed the OS & then my phone would just shut off by itself.  I had to get the Samsung S4, that I currently have.  Now this issue. 

Verizon is this a tactic to get people to buy new phones?

Very Unhappy.....

0 Likes