ellipsis 7 deleted emails reappear
kmc8804

I have an Ellipsis 7 and deleted emails keep returning to the inbox. Why won't they permanently delete?  I'm using the inherent email app and the incoming setting is IMAP and to delete emails from server. I'm at a loss!!! Very frustrating!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: ellipsis 7 deleted emails reappear
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Can you tell us if you're deleting them from your Tablet and then they are still in your inbox when you log in on the computer? Or other way around?

0 Likes
kmc8804

It only happens on my tablet for both my Centurylink and Gmail accounts.

0 Likes
kmc8804

I delete them on the tablet and they reappear back in the same inbox. Doesn't happen on my home laptop.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you try to delete your e-mail account from the device and then add it back? You should also be able to go into settings>application>application manager>all and try and find the e-mail you use and delete the cache and data.

0 Likes
kmc8804

Not yet. Should I delete both accounts?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, it won't hurt to delete them from your device. You'll just need to know your e-mail address, and your password to add them back. You may need to adjust your sync settings etc. It won't delete your e-mails.

0 Likes
kmc8804

I deleted them and added the Gmail back, but when I try to add the Centurylink it says "duplicate account". Did I not delete it?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I'm guessing not. Did you also go into application manager and find your e-mail app and delete cache and data?

0 Likes
kmc8804

I did a refresh and it let me add it.  So far so good.

0 Likes