ellipsis 7 boot loop after ota
bassclarinetl2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I updated my tablet via OTA last night and now it won't get past the "powered by android" screen.  The screen backlight turns on but the display is black.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: ellipsis 7 boot loop after ota
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmmm, that's truly odd bassclarinetl2. You deserve a working tablet, so let's get to work. Please press and hold the Power Key Volume down key until you see it reboot, release. If that does not work, please reply to this message. Also, does the LED indicator light up when you plug it to charge?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

flo_purdy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having a similar issue.  Mine updated this morning and is hung on the "welcome" screen.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bassclarinetl2,

We definitely want your Ellipsis to work great! That's definitely concerning that it gets stuck on that screen. Have you been able to get the device to turn off at all? Is there any change if we plug it into a charger or a computer?

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bassclarinetl2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only way to get the device to turn off is to let the battery completly discharge.  Also, this issue only happened after applying the most recent OTA update while connected to the charger I might add.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hmmm, that's truly odd bassclarinetl2. You deserve a working tablet, so let's get to work. Please press and hold the Power Key Volume down key until you see it reboot, release. If that does not work, please reply to this message. Also, does the LED indicator light up when you plug it to charge?

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

AnfieldWest
Enthusiast - Level 1

The reboot move suggested above (power & volume down buttons) solved a similar problem with my E7 tablet (no display-fully charged-frozen)...thanks!

0 Likes
rodgeman
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine will not boot also after ota and rebooting. Please advise.

0 Likes
Kroewe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here. Screen goes blank after powered by android, backlight  stays on. Never reaches verizon splash screen and cannot power and volume down.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange Kroewe! We definitely want you to have a device that powers on and works as intended! Is there any physical/water damage to the device? Is your device within one year manufacturers' warranty? Try connecting your device to a USB port on your computer and test power on. Keep us posted.

AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kroewe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Physical/water damage? Really? Induced by this broken update? Tablet was fine... Ran OTA update... Tablet is a flat useless brick.

0 Likes