Is my droid RAZR Maxx getting the 4.4 kitkat update

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: droid razr maxx
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

It depends on the software version of your phone . If it ends with XT912, you will not be getting an update. Go to your system settings and chk the software number.

You can also check on the Motorola site for the phones that are supposed to receive updates.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
greengrass95
Contributor - Level 2

It depends on the software version of your phone . If it ends with XT912, you will not be getting an update. Go to your system settings and chk the software number.

You can also check on the Motorola site for the phones that are supposed to receive updates.

0 Likes
Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

The representative I spoke with said all Droid Razr and Razr Maxx phones will not be getting KitKat.  The software version does not matter.

I don't understand why KitKat is not being distributed for the original Droid Razr phones.  Android states that it was built to improve performance on low budget phones so it should be great for these 2 year old Motorola phones.  Yet the Verizon representatives I have spoken with stated that it did not perform up to their standards when they tested it.   I said release it and let me be the judge of that.

0 Likes
Glitch
Enthusiast - Level 3

But I hope they release a patch for this new Fake ID vulnerability.  It has been available since April so now we are just waiting on Verizon to release it to us customers.

0 Likes