Please help battery only lasting 4-5 hours just got phone very dissatisfied

BTW have have wifi shut off ,bluetooth off any ideas before I return this phone

thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: droid eris battery
BG

same issue here - twice a full drain and full recharge to "condition" hasn't helped

0 Likes
JUNIOR053

bump

0 Likes
JUNIOR053

i have tried taskiller shutting down apps helps but battery still get chewed up real quick

have not been able to find answer anywhere

0 Likes
one1speed

perhaps you could try dropping a note to the guy who put in the long post about the devices, at the top of the thread list. seems to know a lot about these...

0 Likes
JUNIOR053

sent message awaiting reply

thanks

0 Likes
lauranyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

i received my HTC eris droid by fedex yesterday and i did a full charge while i was sleeping..about 8 hours of charging and it showed it was fully charged...i havent done much but texting a small amount today and it is almost dead.  my lg dare lasted 2 days without charging and i did alot of texting and web browsing on it...hopefully ill download that Appkiller and see if that helps..but many people are saying it doesnt...if not hopefully verizon gets a fix for this soon

0 Likes
Backnblack

edit...didn't notice this was on the Eris....

0 Likes
rdalev

Yeah love the phone but, hate the battery life. Wi-Fi and bluetooth off . after a little surfing, talking and maybe running an app or two for just a bit, it's time for a re-charge. If this keeps up or don't find a solution soon , guess
I'll take it back and get the but-ugly droid.

BTW, on the Data plan, does surfing the net, checking e-mail, etc. count against your minutes ?

0 Likes
krs00

Battery an issue for me too, that said this is a pretty good phone.  I have maximized battery by turning off weather, stock, most automatic app updates and email sync only every 30 minutes.  For those that are in the same boat we shouldn't expect more than 4 hours....that is what was published by Verizon and HTC on their own web site: 

http://www.htc.com/us/product/droideris/specification.html

Perhaps the software update early December will help....and I may wait for a larger aftermarket battery from someone like Seidio.  If that doesn't work back to Blackberry.  Really don't understand why manufacturers would not try and get at least 6 hours out of these smart phones by putting larger batteries with them.

0 Likes