droid eris address book force quit
nvitale2

Does anyone else have a problem where they go to edit a contact or even add another one and the application force quits? I can't even add a contact to my phone and it's driving me crazy! I've never had this problem before :smileysad:  any help would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: droid eris address book force quit
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Have you added any new applications lately? Try uninstalling them and check if the issue is still there. Then add the apps back slowly one at a time. It could be a conflict with a app.

Next check the phone's internal storage. Settings > sd card & storage. If the internal storage is 30 mb and under, it can start to affect the phone.
To clear some the internal storage, you can clear out the cache used the apps. Settings > applications > manage applications. Let the list load until the top bar is completely gray. Press menu > sort by size. This will bring the largest applications to the top. Start going through them one at a time. If the "clear cache" button is white, press it to erase the cache.

The cache can add up quickly, I am usually in there a least once a week or more clearing it out. Internet is big contributor.

If this doesn't work, there are a few other steps that be tried like clearing the data and re-syncing or if a factory reset is warranted. I just don't have the battery strength at the moment to type the steps out on my own Eris.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes