droid 4 loss of service and battery issues
rugbyserena

So, I've had my phone for about 6 months now and for the past week its been giving me a lot of problems, first the battery wouldn't charge past 50% then 30% I did a factory restore and fixed that problem but now my once awesome service is gone, its constantly dropping calls and draining my battery searching for service in a usual 4g area, I did a factory restore again and it changed nothing, there are no apps on my phone besides the google apps so I know its not something I installed any one else having this problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: droid 4 loss of service and battery issues
B33
Legend

How does the phone perform outside of your house is it better is it Worse.. How many bars are present and is the 4G 3G flipping back and fourth.. 

0 Likes
Re: droid 4 loss of service and battery issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try removing and then reinserting the SIM card to re-set the network connection.

Another procedure that may help (and you won't lose and data or settings) is a system cache clear that I do on my Droid 4 if it starts acting glitchy...

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

0 Likes