droid 3 problems
spinner01

My first droid 3 had problems out of the box. It froze, would not dial, received error codes and had a long list of problems. Since it was less than 30 days old it was replaced with another new Droid 3. The new Droid 3 also had problems; it could not connect to yahoo, it was a known issue by verizon this phone needed a work around via k-9 mail which was not reliable, it made a high pitched squeal during phone conversations, people I was talking to on the phone could not hear me, the phone flipped through pages when accessing the browser and sometimes shut itself off randomly. I received a third replacement which was supposed to be a certified reconditioned phone. It had personal information from the previous owner still on it, is a rooted phone, does not receive phone calls or text messages, speaker crackles during a conversation and it never turns off. I spoke with a supervisor who said the problems with the phone could be caused by applications not closed properly and he had never ever heard of any problems with the Droid 3 phones.

I find it insulting that the supervisor hinted that I caused the issues with the phone and even worse that he thought the Droid 3 was a stable reliable phone and stated the problems with this phone and replacements were rare.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: droid 3 problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My goodness spiner01! That is quite the plethora of trouble with your Droid 3 phones. And I'm extremely disappointed with the condition your third replacement came in. Replacements go through pretty rigorous testing and it truly is rare to have this many difficulties with a phone. Each phone has it's little quirks, but what you're described is much more than I'd ever expect to hear about a single device. While third party applications can cause a few glitches in devices, I'd like to speak with you about what's going on with your phone. Please follow and direct message me your mobile number so we can dig a little deeper.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: droid 3 problems
spinner01

Jennifer,

I am still reeling from the nasty treatment I received from a manager I talked to about three weeks ago. He accused me of not knowing how to close the applications properly, being ignorant of how to use the phone and downloading applications that he felt may have damaged the phone.

There were only a few applications on the phone, supermarket lite, pandora, weather lite, color notes and catch notes. No facebook, no movies, no downloaded music.

I had been to the verizon store , not a kiosk, many times with nobody fixing any of the problems. My photo files disappeared, then showed up as thumbnails, I could not save photos to my phone, the phone sometimes did not ring, the internal alarm did not work, when looking at pages with the browser, it sometimes the  flipped through pages, on the third replacement there was personal data and files in a foreign language and the phone was set to global and was being used as a hot spot previously. It was a mess. I can't tell you how many times I did a hard reset on my phone and lost oodles of data.

When I needed help nobody cared and made me feel as if I were stupid, when in fact I had received, in my opinion 3 lemon phones. I was paying a hefty price for partial service.

One tech was not honest with me and I almost did an early upgrade to a new phone, until I asked if it would change my data plan. He begrudgingly told me I would lose my unlimited data plan because Verizon lost money by giving a discount on new phones and made up the difference in revenue on data charges. After all the times I had been in a verizon store not once did anyone mention the changes that would cause me to lose my unlimited data plan. Not once.

Finally I got a certified as new iphone 4s as a replacement. It is not perfect but at least it works most of the time. I still cannot connect to my google calendar, even after talking to the Apple support, who by the way referred me to google and gave me a phone number for sales- not helpful. The phone still prefers the be in horizontal view but the thought of getting another certified as new phone with a whole new set of problems send a chill through me. I have already talked to tech support about it and had to do a hard reset on this phone , an update and a manual update because the phone would not update itself even though it connected and acted like it was updating.

I am tired of the ads on TV that show all the fancy things the phones do because the honest truth is that Droids do not talk to Yahoo, they need a work around; Droids are no longer a stable system at least not on verizon and of the 4,000 free apps many of them are unstable and if verizon thinks they can cause problems with the phones why do they not ban the problematic ones?

Since January of this year I have had intermittent unreliable service, a multitude of phone problems that verizon techs cannot fix, and then proceeded to blame me.Whenever I have a problem, verizon tells me google software is the problem, google says it is a verizon problem and apple said the google calendar is a google problem. It seems the software often does not interface well across all the platforms and it is a circular blaming game between service providers.

At least with the iphone I can save most everything to itunes when the inevitable hard reset is needed.

This year verizon has not been nice about working through problems. The first replacement Droid sent to me had a keyboard that would not latch closed, it kept sliding open. I know a 5 year old could have looked at the phone and seen the problem, so why do phones with problems slip through the certification process?

My suggestion for you is to tell upper management that there many people out in the community with problem phones, I hear about it every day at work from one person or another who have similar problems with replacement phones, they are a gamble at best. This is not an isolated incident.

So now you have heard most of the problems, I can only hope for a brief respite from phone issues during the holidays.

I do not know how to follow you, I clicked on the follow button and it says waiting for approval.

0 Likes