downloading
Startrek65

How do I download my smartphone pixs to my pc?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: downloading
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a few different ways, and your phone model may give more options.  You posted this in the Android space, so I will assume you have an Android phone.  I have used several Android phones, and all have been set to automatically back up my photos to my Google+ account when I am connected to wifi. I can then go to G+ on my computer, see all the photos I've taken and download 'em all, or select ones.  If more than one is selected you'll get a ZIP file which you can extract and save the photos on your computer, an external drive, burn to a CD/DVD, whatever.

Another option, if your phone allows it, is to backup all photos, or save all photos to an SD card.  You can then remove the SD card and insert it into your computer and copy the photos that way, or link the phone to the computer via USB and copy the photos from the card to the computer via USB.

Even if there is no SD slot, you probably can still get the photos from the phone to your computer via USB - the computer will see the phone as an external drive that you can browse and copy files to and from.

And last, there is the Verizon cloud, similar to Google+ but not as user friendly, and I've heard of folks having trouble getting photos off the cloud to their computer.  G+ is my preferred method.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are a few different ways, and your phone model may give more options.  You posted this in the Android space, so I will assume you have an Android phone.  I have used several Android phones, and all have been set to automatically back up my photos to my Google+ account when I am connected to wifi. I can then go to G+ on my computer, see all the photos I've taken and download 'em all, or select ones.  If more than one is selected you'll get a ZIP file which you can extract and save the photos on your computer, an external drive, burn to a CD/DVD, whatever.

Another option, if your phone allows it, is to backup all photos, or save all photos to an SD card.  You can then remove the SD card and insert it into your computer and copy the photos that way, or link the phone to the computer via USB and copy the photos from the card to the computer via USB.

Even if there is no SD slot, you probably can still get the photos from the phone to your computer via USB - the computer will see the phone as an external drive that you can browse and copy files to and from.

And last, there is the Verizon cloud, similar to Google+ but not as user friendly, and I've heard of folks having trouble getting photos off the cloud to their computer.  G+ is my preferred method.

0 Likes
Startrek65

Thanks!Your message is just in time for a visit to the grandkids.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad I could help - enjoy those grankdkids!!

0 Likes
Loper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey thanks for the answer, I wish I was more familiar with th technology... I actually have an iphone XR.  but trying to download onto a windows laptop

0 Likes