download video to mac
dayscastle

I have samsung galaxy s4.

How to download video from my phone to my i-mac computer?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: download video to mac
stef7
Master - Level 2

One way involves using an FTP server program on the phone, and FTP client on the Apple computer if you have WiFi at your house. I prefer side loading, I.e. downloading and installing an Android .APK file from the web, essentially a program not found in Google Playstore called SwiFTP on my phone. However, im sure there are good FTP server programs in the Playstore. On your Apple computer, I think you already have an FTP client but not sure. This approach my be too geeky and require a little research on your part.

There is another way assuming your Apple computer has a USB port. Here's one is article I found.

http://evolver.fm/2012/08/21/transfer-music-files-between-your-android-and-mac/

On the phone, go into settings, connections (or something like that) and select MTP mode to make the phone visible to the Mac. If left in charge only mode, it won't work.

HTH

View solution in original post

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

One way involves using an FTP server program on the phone, and FTP client on the Apple computer if you have WiFi at your house. I prefer side loading, I.e. downloading and installing an Android .APK file from the web, essentially a program not found in Google Playstore called SwiFTP on my phone. However, im sure there are good FTP server programs in the Playstore. On your Apple computer, I think you already have an FTP client but not sure. This approach my be too geeky and require a little research on your part.

There is another way assuming your Apple computer has a USB port. Here's one is article I found.

http://evolver.fm/2012/08/21/transfer-music-files-between-your-android-and-mac/

On the phone, go into settings, connections (or something like that) and select MTP mode to make the phone visible to the Mac. If left in charge only mode, it won't work.

HTH

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

FWIW, on my LG G2, the USB setting is modified by going to:

Settings | PC connection | Select USB connection method. My choices there are  Charge phone, Media sync (MTP), Internet connection, and Camera (PTP).

Select Media sync (MTP).

Please let me know how this works out for you.

0 Likes