dictionary update information, download size requires WiFi
MacawMother

I've had a message on my phone I can't get rid of.  It says "Dictionary Update Information"  Download size requires WiFi.  When I have had WiFi I turn it on, the message goes away and then later comes back.  How do I turn this message off?  I have a Droid Maxx.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: dictionary update information, download size requires WiFi
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
MacawMother

"Try to go to Google keyboard settings in Settings>Input and keyboad, then choose "text correction", at the top, is an add dictionary menu. Select this then at the top right there is a refresh button, press it twice for a full refresh."

I don't see this in my settings

I see  Settings> Lauguage & input> I chose Google Keyboard,  then "text correction", then add-on dictionaries menu... I select English both install and delete and refresh twice (my refresh is at the bottom though).   Still no luck

I've also looked through my apps and I don't see any obvious ones that would cause this either.

0 Likes
justposting

The Google keyboard is acting up. The fix described above worked before but no longer does. I uninstalled mine and have been using jellybean keyboard 4.3 free which is very similar to google, practically the same for several weeks. No problems.

0 Likes
MacawMother

I don't know how to uninstall it... I mean I know I have it... but when I go to my apps it's not there to uninstall.

0 Likes
justposting

What phone do u have?

It might be hidden. Have u tried to go to your settings and select apps or did u just go to your apps drawer?

Also if u download another keyboard such as the jellybean keyboard upon installation it will give u the option to use it as a default. Therefore disabling google keyboard.

0 Likes
MacawMother

I have a Droid Maxx.  Ewwww downloaded the Jelly bean keyboard and don't like it at all!  Thanks for the tip though... I hope Google fixes their keyboard! 

0 Likes
justposting

Jellybean 4.3 free? Its completely customizable like the Google keyboard if not moreso.

Colors, layout, etc. Its virtually the same as the google keyboard thats why I use it and recommended it.

U just have to play with the settings to get it in the style etc that u prefer. Either way if that doesn't work for u I'd suggest finding one that does until Google fixes the bug. Good luck.

0 Likes