device on order now delivery time 3 weeks and they charged my credit card
ka7qqv

device on order  droid incrediable

now they are playing  games with delivery time    and they charged my credit card

this  is not  legal  because of the fair  credit  act

How  can they get by with this   :smileymad:

I hope some people read this  BEFORE  they give the credit card number !!!

Don

Not its not legal as per guidelines set forth in the Fair Credit Billing Act set into motion by the FTC. While they can reserve the funds they cannot actually bill it until the the merchandise is shipped. A report to your credit card company should be able to resolve this matter.

reference
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre28.shtm

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: device on order now delivery time 3 weeks and they charged my credit card
galerie

they did that to me, he is the reply when I emailed customer service. I ordered mine on the phone 5/13

The reason your credit card was charged was to reserve a phone once the HTC Incredible comes off back order. This Ganruntee that you will be getting your phone once they are back in stock. If you have any further question about your phone order, blah,blah,blah

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

They can't charge you for a product that they don't have.  When they gave you a shipping date, that's your guarantee.  Call your Credit Card company and get the charges reversed.

0 Likes
galerie

If you do that, you probably won't get your phone.  So its either reversing the charges and hoping you will still get it or just leaving as is. 

0 Likes
glocker
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they cancel the order contact the FTC, and your State AG. 

0 Likes
phan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you read the entire article? I did and I got a completely different take on what the FTC was trying to say. My understanding of the article is that the company can charge your card as soon as a delivery date is given. The company also has the abiity to inform you of any delays in receiving the equipment. It is up to you to accept the delay (i.e. not saying anything) or cancel the order for a full refund. Why would there be a refund if the company had never charged you to begin with, there wouldn't be a refund. What the article IS saying is that you have a legal recourse should you NEVER receive the merchandise or are not notified of any delays. Review chapter 4, section 161, paragraph 3 of the actual act.

http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/laws/rules/6500-500.html

0 Likes
Dino019

HUH????

Then explain why do we have to pay, in advance, for hotel rooms, airplane tix, concert tix, sporting event tix?? those events are planned/happen months down the road, yet we pay in advance for them, with no whining!!!!!!

What's 3wks in the grand scheme of things??? not much......just suck it up

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah...i hate to side with big corp here.....but i'm sure the legal department of verizon has this covered....lol

0 Likes