data transfer
nurse911er

I recently upgraded from the Blackberry Curve to the HTC Droid ERIS. I want to get my music and pictures from the bb to the droid. I have inserted the memory card from the bb to the droid but nothing has saved to the new device. Any ideas or suggestions on how I can do this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data transfer
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

The Andriod OS saves all music and photos to the sd card, so no nothing would have been transferred. There are 2 ways to do what you want.

1. If you have a sd reader on your pc: plug the BB sd card into reader, connect  your phone via usb to pc and transfer.

2. With no sd reader: put the BB sd card into phone and connect to pc, transfer files to pc and unplug phone. Change sd cards in phone and connect to pc, transfer files from pc to phone.

0 Likes
nurse911er

I don't have a card reader so I did the second suggestion. Unless there is more to it than just connecting it and sync-ing, it didn't work. I may have done something wrong but I'm not sure. Any other suggestions?

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

There isn't any special sync'ing with the Droids. Mount your droid to your PC via USB and create a "Music" folder on the SD card. Plug your blackberry to the computer and copy the music with whatever method and get them into the music folder on the Droid's SD card, That's it.

0 Likes