Re: coverage is almost non-existent
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That was nice of them. I wouldn't rely on that though. It may depend on who you talk to. Sprint is one of the more lacking coverage companies so to give away an extender to keep people is a good ploy on their part. Verizon more often than not does the discount on the extender because their service coverage is better and that's usually why people use them.

0 Likes
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to vent or i won't able to sleep at night. The reason i knew about the $75 discount on the extender was because i chatted with a verizon rep. by the name David. I asked him how to save the transcript in case i need to refer to it, should i ever need one. He said to go to click on the envelope icon and enter my email address. I did that and no transcript ever showed up in my inbox. I wonder if this was an honest mistake on verizon part or fully intentional to keep the unpleasant chat in the hands of unhappy customers.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Transcripts are never sent no matter how the chat went, good or bad, promises or not.   Screenshots work well.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yup Snn5 they Do.. As for Data coverage here in my Area it's not thing a Beauty my Wi-Fi blows it away 100 times over I'm Getting at most 8.78mps Down from the Network from my Wi-Fi I'm getting anywhere from 96.48 to 105.69mps Download Quite a bit a Difference..

Snn5
Legend

I live in XLTE, a term never mentioned anymore.  My speeds are around 1-3mps.  2 blocks over I get 75mps.  It's the way it's been for over a year now.  Used to be really strong and fast.

B33
Legend

Well I wonder since At&t got there little Gift from the FCC and Sprint got scare from it)  If Verizon will stop the Throttling if they done it to start with.. my speeds this morning was a bit faster but not much.. more

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to see you have had problems with a chat transcript.

Customers have the option to retain a copy of the CHAT transcript immediately after their CHAT has been completed with the CHAT Representative.

To do so, customers must choose the email icon on the chat conversation window before closing the window.

In the future by simply choosing the email icon before closing the CHAT conversation window. The email icon to request a transcript is not available on the exit survey that follows the chat conversation.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are still going strong with our XLTE areas, Snn5. A year is quite a while to have a concern with the speeds.

While XLTE will deliver faster peak speeds to many markets, our primary focus is on consistent reliability, great coverage and staying ahead of consumer demand for our popular 4G LTE service. We are focused on ensuring that we continue to deliver on our brand promise of average throughput speeds in the range of 5 - 12 Mbps on the download, and 2 - 5 Mbps on the upload in the markets we serve.

Which XLTE capable device are you using? Are you noticing the slower speeds throughout the entire day?

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ttran wrote:

My 90 y/o mother-in-law has some serious heart issue and arthritis. She has to live in the desert to help with the issues. Problem is, in the desert we think she dies before we can get verizon coverage. We are told before switching over to verizon that the area got plenty of coverage. The are is 20 miles north of Barstow, called Newberry Springs, 92365.

Sounds as if you should be looking into a landline for this situation if you are worried about emergency situations in a home. I don't understand why people only look into cellular. Cellular coverage can fluctuate, even in good areas. In an emergency, a fluctuation which gives you no service is not a good thing. Landline service does not have this problem. Of course, it is a matter of how important to you.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

ttran wrote:

that was what we were told when we spoke with the verizon people. Once we spent a few grands for five brand new phones and joined the verizon community, we realized it was a serious mistake. A couple of grands mistake that we are stuck for awhile.

After you make the purchase, you are not stuck with it for awhile UNLESS you choose to be. Verizon gives you 14 days to get out of any contract and cancel your service. If you can't determine within 14 days whether or not the service if for you, that is not the fault of Verizon.

Within the 14 day period, you could have returned all 5 of your phones and gone with another provider which better suits your needs. Seems you made more than 1 mistake, the 2nd one more serious than the first.

0 Likes