coverage is almost non-existent
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 90 y/o mother-in-law has some serious heart issue and arthritis. She has to live in the desert to help with the issues. Problem is, in the desert we think she dies before we can get verizon coverage. We are told before switching over to verizon that the area got plenty of coverage. The are is 20 miles north of Barstow, called Newberry Springs, 92365.

Anyone lives in the area and experience the same? We talked to three neighbors whose carrier are Sprint, who had poor coverage just like we, except Sprint gave them each a signal booster to overcome the bad signal. Verizon won't do that. It wants $270 dollars for one. I think we had made a serious mistake switching to verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: coverage is almost non-existent
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

This is a public forum, I suggest you remove your phone numbers from the thread.

Using the zip code you provided you should have service based on the map. Do you get service when you go outside the house?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are any other Verizon phones having issues while in the same house?

0 Likes
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife's phone suffers the same fate. Her number is [removed]

Personal Information removed as required by

Message was edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

This is a public forum, I suggest you remove your phone numbers from the thread.

Using the zip code you provided you should have service based on the map. Do you get service when you go outside the house?

0 Likes
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

Barely, mostly spotty. How do i remove the phone numbers in the previous message?

0 Likes
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

that was what we were told when we spoke with the verizon people. Once we spent a few grands for five brand new phones and joined the verizon community, we realized it was a serious mistake. A couple of grands mistake that we are stuck for awhile.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

A Verizon Rep will hopefully do it once they see it.

I suggest calling Verizon and sweet talking them into giving you a discount on the extender. They usually will do $75 off if you call regularly about the poor service. It's rare for them to give it away, especially when the map shows you have coverage and their coverage is based on outdoor use and can't take into account structures.

0 Likes
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nah, thank you for the advice though. We will stay with verizon until our term is up and move on to AT&T. I did get the $75 discount but having to pay $200 for a booster, specially after being told we get coverage is misleading and I will have none of it. By the way, how do i remove the numbers i posted earlier? I totally forgot i was on a public forum.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

A Verizon Rep will have to to remove your numbers if they see it.

If you plan on switching I would invite over friends who have various mobile providers to see if they get service indoors. All carriers have the coverage map, but they are all based on outdoor use.

0 Likes
ttran
Enthusiast - Level 2

One neighbor who just moved there from Monterey Park, CA and had service with Sprint, whose service in the area is just as bad as verizon, called up Sprint for a booster and they sent him one at no charge.

0 Likes