contacts gone on-line - why? how to fix?
sewlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

When I logged on to verizonwireless.com this morning to try to edit my phone contacts, there were NONE -- all gone.  Yesterday, they were all there (80-some?). 

1. Why have they been deleted on-line?

2. Why isn't 'synching' restoring them from my phone to my on-line account?  (Samsung galaxy note 3)  The backup info shows they were backed up this morning but they're still missing on-line.

I've searched the forums and can't find any recent info on a possible problem.

How do I get them back on-line?  And if Verizon's synching is unreliable, what do I use instead?

Thanks for any help.

C.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: contacts gone on-line - why? how to fix?
sewlady
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I got no replies nor answers, but when I looked for my contacts on-line this morning, they were back.

Does anyone have a better synching method than Verizon's?

TIA.

C.

0 Likes
Re: contacts gone on-line - why?  how to fix?
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You may want to go with Google Android Service using your Google account to enable it:

1. Go to Settings, Personal, Backup and reset, and select both Backup my data and Automatic restore.
  2. Go to Settings, Personal, Accounts & Sync, and select your Google account.
  3. Select all of the option boxes listed, to ensure that all available data is synced.

The specific procedure may slightly vary between Android devices, but the process is generally the same. .

Re: contacts gone on-line - why? how to fix?
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Absolutely go with Google overt VZN.  Google is more reliable, more accurate, easier to use and just a much better method to use

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I fully agree with you and Ann154 . Also on both my S5 and HTC it's a faster transfer rate then VZW.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

And completely seamless.  You enter a contact and it is backed up immediately and you do not even know it.  You add a contact through Google on your computer and by the time you are done and check your phone it is already updated there