cloud restore failure
ShaneOMac72

My LG G3 is slowly becoming a brick since Lollipop upgrade. Biggest issues are (but not limited to): battery drain, increase data usage, phone chargers don't work, cloud restore failure, old text messages being re-sent.

I waited until last night to do a factory rest as the guy at the Verizon store said if I want to go back to Kit Kat, the factory reset will revert the phone back to like new condition. That did not work as once it went through it's procedure, Lollipop was still on the phone. So, now I am struggling to get the phone back to what it was before the wipe and cannot get Verizon Cloud to restore the backup I did before resetting the phone. I even went as far to only select text messages and it still only gets to about 9% and gives a message "restore failed".

Anyone have any ideas how to get my Verizon Cloud backed up information?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: cloud restore failure
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you disable app data back up and restore before the factory reset? If not I suggest you do that and then perform one more factory reset.

Once you do that, sign into the Google play store and update any apps you use, including the cloud service you backed up your data to.

Then open the cloud and sync all items you want restored.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Once you install an update you cannot go back to an older version.  How long ago did you install the update?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you disable app data back up and restore before the factory reset? If not I suggest you do that and then perform one more factory reset.

Once you do that, sign into the Google play store and update any apps you use, including the cloud service you backed up your data to.

Then open the cloud and sync all items you want restored.

0 Likes
ShaneOMac72

Jamkeman1, I know now that I can't go back. Wish the Verizon rep would have known when I saw them right after the Lollipop install. I installed Lollipop when it first hit my phone, don't remember when that was. I was able to restore my calls, I'm trying them one at a time as I don't care about anything else but the text messages. Each time I try restoring the text messages it fails. Thank you for the response.

0 Likes
ShaneOMac72

didn't try to disable anything as there are no instructions to do so. Verizon rep also apparently doesn't know that trick either. I'll try again tonight. Have learned a lot over the last few years with android phones and hate to say it but I might jump ship and go either windows or Iphone.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

iPhones are having just as many problems with the update. I suggest if you have a friend who has one, or an old one, you give a try first. It may have many uses you didn't even know you needed/wanted or it may be a pain.

Verizon store reps aren't tech reps, even tech reps often don't know things so it's good of you to do your research. Most problems, less it be from a drop or internal, can be resolved, it just takes some effort.

0 Likes