client certificate
rachsanjose

Does anyone know how to access client certificates so that we can sync corporate email?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: client certificate
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, download the PFX or P12 file to your device. When going through the setup click the certificate button and select the certificate. It should then  validate it against the CA and allow you to conenct.

0 Likes
rachsanjose

Thank you, Nicholas. Where would I find a PFX or P12 file?

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Usually it would be generated by your company.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting  your company email on your phone can mean the difference between earning a customer's business and losing it, rachsanjose. We're here to help. What make and model phone do you have? What app are you using to get email?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rachsanjose

Yes, it continues to be a major inconvenience. I went to our work tech dept who checked I was entering every thing accurately and told me to check with my provider. I then went into the Verizon store who did not even touch my phone, just told me they can't help and call customer support.  I have always had my corporation email access and this impacted my efficiency to manage my staff and my schedule,  as I utilize the calendar consistently. 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. The email app, I'm not sure what the title is but it is the email app that has the white envelope icon with the red @ symbol on it. 

I welcome your support.  

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3

Does your work use an Exchange Server or IMAP/POP? When at work or on the PC do you connect using Outlook?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

These files may also be pushed by MDM software used by your company. Check with your IT Department to see if there is any software like MobileIron or AirWatch that needs to be installed, before your phone can use Exchange accounts. If the MDM software is set up, many require device administrator, so be sure that is also applied under the guidance of your IT Department.

If you're setting up just an EAS/Exchange account, in most cases removing and re-adding the account will work. Be warned, if you have added your account multiple times to the phone and your company uses Microsoft Exchange, you may need to visit the OWA (Outlook Web App) and remove old devices from your account. There is a hard limit of devices Exchange will use ActiveSync with. Client Certificates are *usually* not required to be installed ahead of time.

0 Likes
rachsanjose

Here are start of the instructions from work:

You will be active synching your RISD corporate email via web access to our exchange server.  Therefore, as you begin setup look for key words such as “active”, “synch”, “exchange” and “corporate”.  If you see questions regarding POP, SMTP, Incoming or Outgoing Server, you are in the wrong place to do the setup. 

I have never had issues getting my work email to sync on devices before, including my previous Galaxy S5. My current device is replacing my old S5 which the screen blacked out.

0 Likes
nicholas_g
Contributor - Level 3
0 Likes