charger issue
Wsheahan1020

My son's Galaxy 5s will not charge. We have a total of 4 Galaxy 5's and 1 Galaxy 4. We have tried all of our chargers but we get the error code that the chargers aren't recognized. I tried removing the battery, doing a factory reset and using the USB and a laptop as well as a car charger. Nothing works. We got our phones on June of 2014 so I am more than a little disappointed. Any suggestions? Anone else having this issue or fixed it?  I am a mom who needs to be able to get a hold of the kids and nervous leaving them anywhere without thier phone. Thanks for your help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: charger issue
Lilmacguy97

Get your family some iPhone's, you can even track your family through iCloud. Plus, your well inside the one year warranty so if anything would happen to the iPhone along those lines they would give you a brand new one at the Apple Store! 🙂

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Attempt to partially charge it with the USB cable and PC to maybe ten or twenty percent.  Maybe it is so depleted that it won't charge at the fast rate..

Or

Try another battery.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

iPhone is not the solution. Besides, I have had 4 different iPhone replacements from the Apple store and they weren't brand new devices. VZW will replace the GS5 phone under warranty provided that there is no evidence of physical or liquid damage or charging port damage. Visit a VZW corporate store but DO NOT simply take getting an iPhone as a solution. Going from a GS5 to an iPhone would be taking a step back in time by about 3 years.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Let's explore options to resolve this charging issue Wsheahan1020! When did the issue start? Is there any damage to the charging port of your phone? Since you have done a factory reset and issue continues, I recommend a visit to a Verizon Wireless store for a hands on evaluation. Enter your ZIP code at this link vzw.com/StoreLocator for a store near you.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes